Saturday, February 19, 2011

Integrating Academics with Installation Art

A third grade teacher and myself are involved in a project through the Intermediate Unit 1 and The Mattress Factory Art Museum. The regular education teacher and myself are to determine weaknesses in test scores and then create a lesson which integrates art with our weakness. We are looking at the life cycle of a sunflower. We will be combining science, art and math as we will be measuring growth. We are looking at the life cycle of a sunflower.

In art class we looked at Sunflowers in art.  The students also worked together to create this awesome animation.


This week we are working on "The Space I'm In". An installation space is going to be created. Our third grade students will be working with the sunflowers. I'm not 100% what I am going to do with the other students yet. We will see!




No comments:

Post a Comment